Classic Vanilla Cake
This classic vanilla cake is so delicious, as it is loved by all age groups of people, due to its spongy texture. Serving this spongy cake is very simple, as you can serve it plain or with some melted chocolate.
Some basic ingredients for this classic vanilla cake:
- 2 Cups of all purpose flour
- 1+½ Cups of powdered sugar
- 1 Cup of softened butter
- 4 Large eggs
- 1 Cup of whole milk
- 2+½ Teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ Teaspoon of salt
- 2 Teaspoon of vanilla extract
Instructions for baking the cake:
- Preheat your oven at 180 degrees celsius.
- Grease your cake pans and line with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, and sugar together until it becomes fluffy.
- Then, add eggs [one at a time], then, add vanilla extract and mix together.
- In another bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and mix gently.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients with milk and form the batter.
- Bake your vanilla cake in a preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until it sets completely.
- If after 30 minutes, your cake is not baked properly, then bake it again for another 5-10 minutes, Once the cake is baked, remove it from the oven and let it rest for another 5-10 minutes to let it cool down properly.
- Once the cake has cooled down, you can now decorate the cake as per your desire.
- You can serve this cake as plain as well as with some toppings.
- You can decorate the cake by spreading the melted chocolate all over the cake as it will work as the chocolate ganache, or you can add some whipped cream and add some colorful sprinklers on the cake.
- In decorating you can add colored whipped cream and make flowers with the help of nozzles.